Mandelic (15%) Acid, Salicylic (15%) Acid Peel
(Instructions listed above.)
Our combination Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid Peel gives you a great alpha/beta treatment. Mandelic is an alpha hydroxy acid made from bitter almonds.
It's molecular structure is larger than glycolic acid and lactic acid, thus causing it to penetrate the skin more slowly = less topical irritation. We've added the Salicylic Acid to help those of you with pesky acne and acne scarring issues.
- Addresses issues caused by PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation).
- Helps to resolve general hyperpigmentation issues, particularly those from acne marks and scarring.
- Rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris from the skin.
- Mandelic acid has antimicrobial/antibacterial properties. Salicylic acid will address clogged pores and sebum, making it an excellent choice for all types of acne, including cystic acne.
- Loosens blackheads for easy extraction.
- Excellent for clients with darker skin tones. It does not cause the unwanted, lighter skin tone changes that you might experience with other AHA's.
- Inhibits the growth of melanin, the cause of brown patches, freckles, uneven skin tone and other sun-related skin care issues.
- Mandelic acid, with continued use, can help repair sun damaged skin.
Aspirin Allergy Caution:
If you have aspirin allergies, do *not* use this product.
Nut Allergy Caution:
This product is derived from bitter almonds.
What can I expect when using this peel?
Upon application, within the first minute-or-so, you will feel very little topical sensation, perhaps none. Then, the skin may have a "warming" sensation, or slight tingling. Remember, that this acid will penetrate more slowly, thus the topical sensation will take a bit longer. Some clients will see actual peeling of the skin. Others will just notice the excellent exfoliation benefits and a brighter, more glowing skin tone.
This product is *not* a serum. It has a watery consistency, so either dip a q-tip into the bottle for application, or remove the cap, place a gauze pad on the open bottle and tip it over to soak the gauze, then apply.
Never use manual exfoliators nor scrubbing brushes within 24 hours of using a peel. Stop Retin A, benzoyl peroxides, acne products and any other drying agents 24 hours before and after using an alpha hydroxy or beta hydroxy peel.
If you are allergic to aspirin products, never use a salicylic acid nor beta hydroxy peel.
Never apply a peel without doing a patch-test first and waiting 48 hours for results.
Never apply a chemical peel to inflamed skin.
Always read product directions in their entirety and don't take shortcuts.
Use our BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream for skin that has been chemically over processed. It contains advanced healing agents that will quickly get your skin back to normal.
When in doubt about a caution, please write or call us for more information.