What is Mandelic Acid?
Mandelic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid. Derived from bitter almonds, it has a number of benefits for the skin.
The molecular structure of mandelic acid is larger than better known alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and lactic acid. This means it takes longer to penetrate the skin's surface and is much less irritating.
--Rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris from the skin.
--Mandelic acid has antimicrobial/antibacterial properties, making it an excellent choice for all types of acne, including cystic acne.
--Refines the tone and texture of the skin, brightens.
--Mandelic is typically an excellent exfoliator for clients suffering from Rosacea.
What can I expect when using this peel?
Upon application, within the first minute-or-so, you will feel very little topical sensation, perhaps none. Then, the skin may have a "warming" sensation, or slight tingling. Remember, that this acid will penetrate more slowly, thus the topical sensation will take a bit longer. ***Don't be fooled by the lack of sensation... it *is* working, so do not leave it on the skin longer than directed.
Some clients will see actual peeling of the skin. Others will just notice the excellent exfoliation benefits and a brighter, more glowing skin tone.
This product is *not* a serum. It has a watery consistency, so either dip a q-tip into the bottle for application, or remove the cap, place a gauze pad on the open bottle and tip it over to soak the gauze, then apply.
Instructions listed above, under corresponding tab.
Purified water, mandelic acid, SD alcohol, witch hazel distillate, propylene glycol, malic acid, butylene glycol, hydropropylcellulose, green tea extract, hops, horsetail plant, lemongrass, goldenseal.
- Cleanse your skin.
- Pat dry.
- Soak your q-tip or gauze pad with mandelic acid.
- Begin at the forehead and apply the acid down the entire face.
- Apply to neck and chest, if desired.
- Allow the acid to process for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm, soapy water. Repeat several times to ensure all acid is removed
- Pat dry.
- Use once a week for the first two weeks. Then use every 4 days. If irritation develops, discontinue use.
- Consider our BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream for post peel healing.