Our combination Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid Peel gives you a great alpha/beta treatment. Mandelic is an alpha hydroxy acid made from bitter almonds.
It's molecular structure is larger than glycolic acid and lactic acid, thus causing it to penetrate the skin more slowly = less topical irritation. We've added the Salicylic Acid to help those of you with pesky acne and acne scarring issues.
- Addresses issues caused by PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation).
- Helps to resolve general hyperpigmentation issues, particularly those from acne marks and scarring.
- Rapidly exfoliates dead skin cells and surface debris from the skin.
- Mandelic acid has antimicrobial/antibacterial properties. Salicylic acid will address clogged pores and sebum, making it an excellent choice for all types of acne, including cystic acne.
- Loosens blackheads for easy extraction.
- Excellent for clients with darker skin tones. It does not cause the unwanted, lighter skin tone changes that you might experience with other AHA's.
- Inhibits the growth of melanin, the cause of brown patches, freckles, uneven skin tone and other sun-related skin care issues.
- Mandelic acid, with continued use, can help repair sun damaged skin.
Upon application, within the first minute-or-so, you will feel very little topical sensation, perhaps none. Then, the skin may have a "warming" sensation, or slight tingling. Remember, that this acid will penetrate more slowly, thus the topical sensation will take a bit longer. Some clients will see actual peeling of the skin. Others will just notice the excellent exfoliation benefits and a brighter, more glowing skin tone.
This product is *not* a serum. It has a watery consistency, so either dip a q-tip into the bottle for application, or remove the cap, place a gauze pad on the open bottle and tip it over to soak the gauze, then apply.
SD Alcohol 40B, Mandelic Acid (15%), Salicylic Acid (15%), Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Purified Water, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Phytic Acid.
- Cleanse your skin.
- Pat dry.
- Soak your q-tip or gauze pad with mandelic acid.
- Begin at the forehead and apply the acid down the entire face.
- Apply to neck and chest, if desired.
- Allow the acid to process for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm, soapy water. Repeat several times to ensure all acid is removed.
- Pat dry.
- Use once a week. If irritation develops, discontinue use.