MUAC Jessner’s Peel
Acne, Oily, Cystic Skin Types
14% lactic acid, 14% salicylic acid, 14% resorcinol based in an alcohol solution.
Your full kit includes
- 1 - Peeling Solution (size of your choice)
- 1 - 1 oz bottle of pH Prep Solution
- 1 - 1 oz Green Tea/Pomegranate Cleansing Gel
Organza Carry Bag
- See instructions above, under the "Instructions" tab.
Sample Sizes include Peeling Solution and Instructions Only
This alpha/beta with resorcinol peel is an excellent choice for persons with cystic acne, back acne, oily acneic skin types, combination skin types prone to occasional breakouts, and sun damaged skin.
While we know this type of peel is used as an anti aging peel by some practices and individuals, one must remember that the alcohol basing of this product will make it a more drying peel.
Jessner's Peels are typically layered until frosting appears. The peel *will* sting significantly while it is on the skin. Once neutralized (cool water wash), you may experience redness or a tan coloration to the skin for several days. This is normal.
- Persons allergic to aspirin products should not use this peel.
- Persons allergic to milk products should not use this peel.
- Do not use this peel is you have herpes simplex.
- Do not use this peel if you are HIV positive.
- Do not use this peel if you suffer from eczema, sebhorrheic dermatitis or any other drying skin conditions.
- Do not use on keloids or hypotrophic scars.
- Do not apply to irritated skin.
- Do not use if you have recently had cryotherapy on warts or moles.
- Do not use if you have been on Accutane within the last six months.
Discontinue retinoids within 5 days of use.
- Never use manual exfoliators nor scrubbing brushes within 24 hours of using a peel.
- Stop Retin A, benzoyl peroxides, acne products and any other drying agents 24 hours before and after using this peel.
- Never apply a peel without doing a patch-test first and waiting 48 hours for results.
- Never apply a chemical peel to inflamed skin.
- Always read product directions in their entirety and don't take shortcuts.
- Use our BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream for skin that has been chemically over processed. It contains advanced healing agents that will quickly get your skin back to normal.
- When in doubt about a caution, please write or call us for more information.
This peel can be used at 4-5 week intervals.
--An accurate kitchen Timer
--Cotton or gauze pads for application
--Argan Oil (on our website) for non-acid, post peel moisture.
--Sunblock SPF 30 or higher
Legal Disclaimer: Information provided within this entire website is intended to be used as general information-only and is in no way intended to replace medical advice, is not to be used as a medical treatment program, nor to diagnose or cure of any disease or medical condition. Always consult with a qualified physician for medical advice. You are solely responsible for the use and misuse of products offered and for all actions and consequences of that use or misuse. Because each person's skin is unique, we make no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the effectiveness of products. You are using products listed on our web site at your sole risk and are responsible for all actions and consequences of use and misuse. Always patch test products before use.
Keep products out of reach of children!
Misuse of chemical products can cause injury and burns.
AGREEMENT: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Makeup Artist's Choice, Inc., www.makeupartistschoice.com, its officers, employees, agents, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, and liabilities of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered directly or indirectly as a result of using any product listed on our website.
FDA December 2, 2002 Posting - Sun Sensitivity
Clients need to be aware that by using glycolic acid and other peeling products, your skin will be more photo-sensitive than normal. It is recommended that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, preferably SPF 30 or higher, after using skin peel products. The FDA recommends using an SPF for a one-week post-peel.
Ingredients - Peeling Serum:
SD Alcohol, Salicylic Acid USP, Lactic Acid Ultrapure, Resorcinol.
Ingredients pH Prep Solution:
Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid Ultrapure, Lactic Acid Ultrapure, FD&C Blue #1
Allow your skin to dry thoroughly.
Applying the peel to damp skin will lessen results.
Dispense Jessner solution onto a cotton or gauze pad
Apply one layer to face... try to do an even application... stinging may occur.
Wait two minutes.
If no redness nor frosting (whitening of the skin) has developed, apply a second layer, per your first layer.
Wait two minutes.
Redness and/or frosting would mean you would end your peel by neutralizing with a cool water cleanse, using our Green Tea/Pomegranate Cleanser.
If your skin is very tough, you could conceivably go as high as five layers... however, if you frost with fewer layers, never do more layering than is necessary.
Continue to use the Green Tea/Pomegranate Cleansing Gel and Argan Oil until your skin has finished peeling.