Makeup and Skincare Tips During COVID-19 Crisis
Touching your face... using unclean brushes or sponges... not wiping down your makeup compacts, etc.; these are all potential vehicles to spread unnecessary THINGS... including COVID-19.
So, to ensure that your makeup and skincare application is as sanitary as possible, consider these tips:
Skincare and Makeup Application Tips for Staying Sanitary and Virus Free
- 1. Wash your hands thoroughly before applying serums or creams (click here for how to wash your hands correctly - most of us don't!).
- 2. Use the scoop inside your jar. Many of our creams come with a tiny plastic spatula/ scoop. Use it to apply to your face instead of dipping your fingers in the jar. Also, our Rosewater Hydrosol Mist is a spray on hydrator.
- 2. Replace your makeup sponges asap. If you're using a makeup compact that came with the sponge... replace it NOW. Use a brand new blender sponge - the kind you can wash with soap and water and let dry. We also offer flocked sponges here. If you'e using a powder compact that came with a round furry sponge, toss the sponge and use a CLEAN makeup brush to apply your powder.
- 3. Clean your makeup brushes daily. If you're not using BRUSH OFF, which cleans and dries in moments, we suggest you try it! You can also wash your makeup brushes with soap and water... just make sure you thoroughly rinse them until the water is clear. They will need to dry overnight. If you need makeup brushes, click here.
- 4. Wash your face every morning and night. Not only for your skin, but for your health. You don't want to take to bed with you any bacteria, germs or virus to your pillow case. Wash your face with lukewarm water moving in gentle circles all over your face and neck. Pat dry. Apply your toner.
- 5. Use hand sanitizer when you can't wash your hands. So many stores are running out of hand sanitizer. Here's how to make your own.
We wish you all the best of health and safety during this uncertain time in our history... and we are here to answer any questions you may have regarding your skin, your makeup, and your skincare regime.