Salicylic acid is oil soluble, thus making this acid perfect for oily/acne skin that needs deep pore cleansing and loosening of blackheads.
"The MUAC 15% Salicylic Peel is a miracle for my oily skin, cystic acne and large pores. My acne decreased so much just after one use and my pores are so clean and tight now." ~Casey, Park City, UT
- Cleans pores
- Removes oily residue from skin
- Helps to clear acne and loosen blackheads
- Because salicylic acid is in the aspirin-family, it's important for clients who are allergic to aspirin to avoid salicylic acid usage.
- If you are pregnant, consult with your OB/GYN before using chemically-based products.
- Always patch-test the skin before using acid-based products. Wait 24-48 hours to see if irritation develops.
- If you experience irritation, rinse-off immediately and discontinue use.
- Do not apply to red, irritated skin.
- Do not use granular exfoliators, scrubbing pads, nor scrubbing brushes on the day of your peel.
- Discontinue other acids, acne products, benzoyl peroxides, drying skin care, and retinoids for 24 hours before the peel and the day *of* the peel.
Chemical peels cause the skin to be photo-sensitive. Per the FDA, always use sunscreen protection after using chemically-based skin care.
Legal Disclaimer: Information provided within this entire website is intended to be used as general information only and is in no way intended to replace medical advice, is not to be used as a medical treatment program, nor to diagnose nor cure any disease or medical condition. Always consult with a qualified physician for medical advice. You are solely responsible for the use and misuse of products offered and for all actions and consequences of that use or misuse. Because each person's skin is unique, we make no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the effectiveness of products. You are using products listed on our web site at your sole risk and are responsible for all actions and consequences of use and misuse. Always patch test products before use.
Keep products out of reach of children!
Misuse of chemical products can cause injury and burns.
AGREEMENT: You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Makeup Artist's Choice, Inc., www.makeupartistschoice.com, its officers, employees, agents, and suppliers from and against any and all claims, charges, demands, damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, and liabilities of whatever nature and howsoever arising (including but not limited to any legal or other professional fees and the costs of defending or prosecuting any claim and any other direct or consequential loss) incurred or suffered directly or indirectly as a result of using any product listed on our website.
FDA December 2, 2002 Posting - Sun Sensitivity
Clients need to be aware that by using glycolic acid and other peeling products, your skin will be more photo-sensitive than normal. It is recommended that you use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, preferably SPF 30 or higher, after using skin peel products. The FDA recommends using an SPF for one-week post-peel.
SD Alcohol 40B, Salicylic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Goldenseal Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Witch hazel Extract, Hops Extract, Menthol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylisothiazolinone.