At Home Chemical Peels
The Best At-Home Chemical Peels
Our at-home chemical peels have been offered on our website since 1997 and have been top sellers all of these years.
It's important to understand that there are different types of chemical peels designed for your unique skin tone and skin type. Popular home peels include TCA Peels, Glycolic acid peels, lactic acid peels, mandelic acid peels, and salicylic acid peels.
So what's the difference between these home chemical peels?
TCA or Trichloracetic Acid Peels are one of the stronger classes of acid peels. TCA is a great anti-aging peel as it helps soften wrinkles and reduce severe facial lines. These peels are also recommended to improve photo-aging, skin discoloration, sun-damaged skin, and age spots.
Glycolic Acid Peels
Glycolic acid peels remove dry skin and dead skin cells. These peels also help reduce fine lines and unclog acne-prone pores. This peel will leave your skin feeling smooth!
Lactic Acid Peels
Lactic acid peels are designed for people with sensitive skin but are also great for mature skin. These peels help clean pores, soften fine lines, and remove facial debris. Lactic Acid Peels are extremely effective in stimulating collagen production.
Mandelic Acid Peels
Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid or AHA and is considered a gentle acid for exfoliating the skin. These peels are great for large pores, acne, wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, and melasma.
Salicylic Acid Peels
Salicylic acid peels are perfect for people who have naturally more oily and blemished skin as they usually contain beta hydroxy acid. Salicylic peels are known for cleaning clogged pores and loosening blackheads.
ALWAYS follow *our* directions exactly as written. If you have questions or concerns, please email us at: info@makeupartistschoice.
ALWAYS use sunscreen for daytime wear, of SPF 30 or higher, particularly when using acidic/retinoic products. Acids and retinoids cause the skin to be more photosensitive, to always use a good sunscreen as a best practice with your skincare regimen.
General Cautions when using a chemical peel:
- Never use manual exfoliators nor scrubbing brushes within 24 hours of using a peel.
- Stop all retinoids, benzoyl peroxides, acne products, and any other drying agents 24 hours before and after using this peel.
- Never apply a peel without doing a patch-test first and waiting 48 hours for results.
- Never apply a chemical peel to inflamed skin.
- Always read product directions in their entirety and don't take shortcuts.
- Use our BellEvolve Advanced Repair Cream for skin that has been chemically over-processed. It contains advanced healing agents that will quickly get your skin back to normal.
- When in doubt about a caution, please write or call us for more information.